CURT 20K FIFTH WHEEL SLIDER HITCH
QR Code Link to This Post
$450 for hitch & slider base
Curt Q5 20,000 pound (20K) fifth wheel hitch on a Curt R20 Roller Base (slider hitch) which provides 12” travel in the truck bed for short bed (6.5’) trucks. R20 Roller Base is for mounting on universal above the bed rails made by several manufacturers. Hitch in good condition and has operated without fail. One owner.
Additional benefit of using roller / slider base is that by moving the pivot point 12” to the rear when backing, the trailer will begin turning more quickly & turn tighter than in the normal tow position. It allows a lot more control & precision when backing up. You can maneuver in a tighter area than you can in normal tow position.
The Curt Q5 (2012) is same hitch head as the current Curt Q20 20K hitch. R20 Roller Base is 2017 manufacture date. A current Curt Q20 & R20 Roller has list price of $1,470.98 and sells online for around $1,097.
The Curt Q5 / Q20 has:
• Spherical axial bearing tilts head in any direction for a smooth, quiet ride
• Dual jaws fully wrap the kingpin to reduce chucking and increase security
• Wide, self-aligning head helps eliminate errors when backing up to the trailer
• Lockable, short-throw handle automatically engages with the kingpin
• Three easy-access grease fittings for lubrication
• Three-position coupling indicator clearly shows coupling status
• R20 5th wheel roller #16550 provides 12" of travel in the truck bed
• Rolls on wheels and solid, non-binding rods to be a true rolling unit
• Mounts to all industry-standard base rails
• Offers three height adjustment positions to adapt to each unique truck bed.
The R20 Roller or slider base allows tighter turns with short bed trucks without the nose of 5th wheel impacting the cab. Not necessary in most backing situations. Most 5th wheel trailers will clear short bed cabs even at 75 degree angles. Sliding base to rear will allow more precision in backing into tight areas.