Sterling Group is growing through multifamily Acquisitions and new Class A Development. We are looking for a Preconstruction Engineer to be a part of our fun and fast-paced organization. This position will join our dynamic group of corporate colleagues at its corporate office located on Edison Lakes Parkway in Mishawaka, Indiana.
We are looking for a team member who will assist the procurement team with day to day preconstruction and/or procurement tasks. The right candidate will have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Technology. Minimum 2 years of construction experience. Internship experience is an acceptable alternate to post-graduate construction experience.
Primary responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Assist with various preconstruction tasks and entry level material estimates.
• Source Subcontractors and Suppliers for new construction projects.
• Direct interested bidders to project plans, specifications and bid documents.
• Obtain prequalification forms from Subcontractors.
• Assist with maintaining bid management software [Procore].
• Update and enhance the subcontractor database.
• Responsible for adequate documentation of all bidding communication and estimates. This includes managing the correspondence and creation of pre-construction RFI’s and other correspondence with the Architect, Owner, and Engineer’s.
• Upload plans and specifications to the plan room [Procore].
• Distribute revisions of plans and specifications to all bidders/subcontractors/suppliers.
• Assist with maintaining the project management software [Procore] to increase efficiency and monitor compliance.
• Support continued training of the project management software [Procore] to companywide users.
• Review and submission of subcontractor / suppler submittals.
• Assist construction field operations as needed.
Sterling Group is a privately-owned company that develops, constructs, acquires, and manages apartment communities and self-storage facilities, currently operating in 13 states. To learn more about Sterling, visit our website, www.thesterlinggrp.com.
Sterling Group offers excellent training programs and competitive wages and benefits, including medical, dental, short term disability, and life insurance; 401k (with company match); paid holidays; paid time off; EAP; and tuition reimbursement.
Please note, Sterling Group strongly prefers candidates apply through Sterling Group’s website as opposed to applying through a job board. To ensure the most immediate consideration, please apply through Sterling Group’s website using the link above.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers